Tuesday 14 April 2015

Health & Fitness Day 6, 7 & 8

So after the past week of no carbs, I have felt and seen some changes on my body. Maybe not the shape or size of my body because come on, a week is not exactly enough to get a bikini body figure.
But, I have seen external changes. I am already prone to spots and suffer from Acne (in my earlier teen years I was hideous but thank God it has cleared up, I will be doing a blog post soon on my acne years) and often have outbreaks.
After the first few days of no carbs, I started breaking out in more spots over my face and neck.
After asking some people why this was happening, I was told that this was the way my body was getting rid of the 'crap' stuff because my body was detoxing (from carbs).
I've been snacking on nuts which are actually oily foods and can make the skin greasy so this could actually be the reason why I have been breaking out in spots.
I have been walking to a lot of my destinations (because I cannot afford travel) so this has been some sort of fitness.

Day 6 (Saturday)
11.04.2015
Breakfast
I had scrambled egg, beans and spinach for breakfast. This was disgusting as I kept biting into egg shells because I have yet not mastered the art of cracking eggs. Normally this breakfast is not so bad. I had a few spoonfuls of blueberry yoghurt which made me somewhat satisfied.

Lunch
This was at Nando's and where I always get my self a portion of chips, I had to settle for just peas and chicken with the sauces. It was not so bad but I have realised I get hungrier faster but I do not feel bloated or disgustingly full.

Dinner
Fish, peas and beans.
FUN!

Throughout the day I had a bottle of water with lemon juice and mint leaves which I kept refilling. Lemon water has a lot of benefits and so do mint leaves and it tastes lovely.

Day 7 (Sunday)
12.04.2015
The last day of the no-carb diet! Wooh. I have actually missed my carbs and I have found that at times I do get a bit annoyed when I'm hungry and when the food is not done on time.
Where we always have a supply of cooked rice and nice curry dishes which my mother takes her precious time in cook, it was rather difficult finding and making something different to eat every day. However, compared to my normal plates of food, this past week, my plate has been looking very colourful. I have been forgetting to actually take pictures of my food :(

Breakfast
It was a beautiful day and I thought about going to the park for a jog but I could not be asked. So I did a 20 minute workout at home and I did sweat! I did a 10 mins 100 squats challenge, a 5 mins ab workout and 5 mins arm workout.
I had a smoothie made of banana. raw nuts, milk and a slice of pear. It was good

Lunch
Salmon and Salad
(I am getting a bit bored of salad... but it's so simple to make)

Dinner
Chicken pieces which were marinaded in jerk chicken flavouring, salad! beans and sweetcorn.
After dinner I did have a few pieces of chocolate with my cuppa tea.

Day 8 (Monday)
13.04.2017
The day I start introducing carbs to my body. I do not think I did this the right way as the carbs I had were mainly Snack-a-Jack BBQ flavoured rice cakes. Other than that and the chocolates I indulged in throughout the day, I did not have any other carbs.

Breakfast
Banana, natural yoghurt, milk and honey smoothie.

Lunch
Nuts, BBQ flavoured snack-a-jacks, celery with lemon and sea salt.
I did not have a proper lunch today and I would not suggest this to anyone because I did actually feel rather tired and less energetic.
My brother was supposed to cook dinner (which is actually defrosting and grilling sausages) but he was not home... so in came Salma to the rescue.

Dinner
This was a late dinner around 11pm whereas for the past week we've had dinner rather early. For some reason, in my household, lunch and dinner time happen whenever we feel like it. 4pm could be lunch time for us and 10pm could be dinner time.
Dinner consisted of lamb sausages, lightly fried red and white onion, peas, sweetcorn, salad and gravy.
Then fresh mint tea to wash that down.

So thats that. 7 full days of no carbs. I have felt good, healthier and food choices have gone wider. I have enjoyed being in control of what I have wanted to put in to my mouth and being strong to not always give in and satisfy my bad cravings. (I did give in here and there but managed to pull myself back together)
I will be going off to Paris this Wednesday and I do not want to stop myself completely from enjoying the goodies and treats out there like their amazing croissants but moderation is key.

My next blog post will be up around Saturday (maybe!!!) and I will update ya'll on what I had in Paris.
I hope I do not come back an 'oompa loompa'.
But I hope to carry on with exercise and good healthy eating when I am back and through the rest of my holidays.

Peace Out

Check out my last blog post on Day 4 & 5
http://salaamsalma.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/health-fitness-day-4-5.html

Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment