Friday 10 April 2015

Health & Fitness Day 4 & 5

It's Friday!!! Which means it has been 5 days since I started this 'No Carb diet'.
I'll be honest, I have not been completely healthy but I have avoided the blatant carbs like white bread, pasta and rice.
My parents live by rice. Apparently, if we do not eat rice at least once a day, we will not be 'healthy' - Dr Parents.

Let me get straight to it.

Day 4 (Thursday)
09.04.2015
Spontaneity is the best way of life. Now that the warm days have arrived it is easier to be spontaneous especially when you have time off. (Like I do from Uni)
Living in London has its perks. Our tourist sights are often a train ride away and although I am a Londoner, I still have so much to see.
So off I went to Tower Hill to enjoy the sun and to sit in a coffee shop to do work. This was a big test as everything was cake, cake and more cake.

Breakfast
After sipping on a toffee cooler at Costa, I was starting to feel hungry. It was only so long that my
breakfast, porridge topped with banana, could last me from 11am to 3pm. Out came an orange, banana, apple and strawberry flakes.
My normal habit is to snack on biscuits, crisps or chocolates and enjoy the few minutes of satisfaction then regret it almost instantly. Not this time! (Just for the record, chocolate is not on the list of food I want to avoid)
Fruits are a good way of satisfying sugary cravings. It is not the same but it does the job.

Lunch
After walking from Tower Hill to Stepney Green, still hungry, I snacked on a peanut bar and a Twister Ice cream. (It was warm and... I actually cannot make an excuse as to why I indulged in this)
Lunch at home was cod fillet fish (frozen) with a side of stir fry, fried in organic olive oil and a side of corn on cob.
Simple and filling.

Dinner
Lunch was a late one so for dinner I was not so hungry but I did get myself a few spoonfuls of Lentil soup (which my mother makes so well) and a few pieces of celery with a drizzle of lemon and Himalayan pink sea salt.
Et voila. Tres fantastique. (I am going Paris next week so it's good practise)

Day 5 (Friday)
10.04.2015
Breakfast
Smoked Salmon, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, spinach, baked beans & avocado. Simple yet filling.











Lunch
The same as yesterday. Fish and stir fry. I am actually starting to run out of things to make.
I was very bad today and consumed loads of sugar. The Egg 'n' Spoon chocolate x2 was not the best way to end a nice meal but I did it. I lost control but by tomorrow, I will be back on track. Let's just call this my cheat day.
After going to Tesco to buy bits n bobs for dinner, I ate two pieces of that new Cadbury chocolate bar. I did not even enjoy it and I felt guilty. This means two more extra sit ups tomorrow as punishment. I struggle to do ten anyway.





Dinner
All those ingredients put together, my sister made an amazing chicken tom yum soup. It was amazing and had all sorts of vegetables.  If you ever have a cold, this soup will do wonders. If you are ever hungry, this soup will fill you up!

5 days done, I have fought temptation, controlled myself and at times I have given in.
But when you are changing your diet, you cannot give certain things up completely. Even carbs, who says they are all bad? Or who says you cannot have it but in a moderate amount. Everything can be eaten in moderation.
2 more days to go on this no carb trend and then I will slowly introduce my body to the good kind of carbs.
Well done to my sister who has been strong throughout and my brother also (he's only had a few pieces of chips here and there and oh pitta bread... but apparently this doesn't really count)

Peace Out

Check out Day 2 & 3
http://salaamsalma.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/health-fitness-2.html

Instagram:


No comments:

Post a Comment